The Center of Foreign Languages and International Education of Eastern International University (EIU Language Center) provides general and academic English programs. The programs are designed with learner-centered orientation, and implemented flexibly and creatively with a team of native English teachers with international teaching certificates. Professional teachers at EIU Language Center can help learners improve their foreign language skills for both study and and research.
- EIU Language Center provides training in general English and academic English for EIU students to meet the requirements of English-oriented concentrations and ensure an IELTS band 6.0 as the output standard for all EIU students.
- The center also provides English training for other learners. In July 2012, EIU opened the second Language Center on Floor 6, Becamex Tower to provide English language training for people in Binh Duong and nearby provinces and cities.
- Training students to achieve a minimum IELTS band 6.0.
- Providing students with sufficient language skills to study in English-oriented concentrations.
- Providing students with sufficient language skills to study in English with other schools/units to ensure students are good at academic professions and are fluent in English .
- Assessing English proficiency of first-year students.
- Coordinating with authorized English examinations centers to organize international-standard tests and other internationally recognized exams.
- Organizing international conferences and seminars on foreign language training and teaching. EIU Language Center has the right to cooperate with domestic and foreign organizations in teaching in accordance with Ministry of Education and Training and EIU regulations .
EIU Language Center has developed an intensive program for IELTS preparation tests to help students achieve IELTS band 6.0 quickly and effectively. EIU Language Center’s pre-test program can help students who have no prior knowledge of English skills achieve IELTS band 6.0 within 50 weeks of full-time study. The training program is designed with student-centered orientation which focuses both on academic training and communication and reflexes. The program also provides online learning materials with live interactive lessons and ongoing feedback. In addition to teaching experience, teachers at EIU Language Center also have international standards qualifications. Besides professional work, teachers are always ready to support students throughout the learning process.
Structure of the program :
EIU Language Center has developed an intensive program for IELTS preparation tests to help students achieve IELTS band 6.0 quickly and effectively. The center’s pre-test program can help students with few English skills achieve IELTS band 6.0 within 50 weeks of full-time study. The student-centered training program focuses both on academic training and communications. It also provides online learning materials with live interactive lessons and ongoing feedback. In addition to experience, EIU Language Center teachers have international standards qualifications. The professional teachers are always ready to support students throughout the learning process.
Level 1 (Beginner)
The first 10 weeks of the course will help students who do not have a background in English to improve their English skills, focusing on speaking and writing. Students will be guided on basic skills and knowledge in English communications. Teachers will also integrate academic contents and learning strategies for students to take the IELTS test later. At this level, self-study and critical thinking are encouraged.
Level 2 (Pre-Intermediate)
The Pre-Intermediate level will continue to build and strengthen the skills and knowledge required for students’ English proficiency. The level’s goal is synthesizing and expanding knowledge of grammar to create a solid foundation for students. The level helps students acquire skills to write a paragraph, not simple sentences as before. Class activities will be integrated with IELTS-style questions to help them get familiar to them gradually.
Level 3 (Intermediate)
At level 3, students are provided with a large amount of vocabulary and gradually move towards using academic vocabulary. Students are taught how to write more coherent passages, and apply critical thinking in writing with topics common in IELTS exams. Writing skills about “Article No. 1” in IELTS will be focused on development. The Intermediate level aims to build a broader vocabulary and grammar foundation for students, while increasing students’ awareness of IELTS-style questions.
Level 4 (Advanced-Intermediate)
The Advanced-Intermediate level helps broadly extend what students have learned from the previous levels. Skills and knowledge will be fully utilized during this time to achieve some IELTS targets. The topics of speaking and writing are strictly academic, teachers will focus more on correcting students’ pronunciation,, articles will be diversified on topics. Lectures are designed to improve students’ reading, listening and thinking skills so as to trigger students’ ability to think critically, predict and give context to the topic. Critical skills and tips which help students do IELTS reading more effectively are covered throughout the program at this level.
At the Advanced-Intermediate level, students can obtain sufficient knowledge and skills to complete the IELTS speaking and writing test.
Level 5 (IELTS Preparation Class)
IELTS preparation class is the lifeblood of the program. During 10 weeks, students will be equipped with a lot of knowledge and skills to maximize the level of their scores in the IELTS exam. Academic English skills and knowledge will be enhanced through optimal use of the knowledge base and skills that students have accumulated in the previous levels. The goal of this level is to help students achieve an IELTS band 6.0 or higher. The course will also add more topics to improve students’ critical thinking ability.
EIU Language Center
Address: Room 102 Block 10, Eastern International University
Nam Ky Khoi Nghia, Hoa Phu Ward, Thu Dau Mot City, Binh Duong Province
Phone: 0274 222 0373